Friday, April 8, 2011

Confessions

...As I sit at the computer, trying to type up a post for you all, I remember why I haven't blogged lately... I am in a depressed little funk.  I try not to think too much or else I just feel sad and bored and lonely and lame...  And, really, who wants to read of such funks out here in Happy Blog-Land...  But I think I will actually go out on a limb and publish this post explaining my blogging absence, since I know that we all go through these funks from time to time.  And maybe you are in one right now.  And maybe it will be comforting to know that you are not alone...  (Does the Michael McLean song go through your head every time you hear that phrase?) ...  But I am having a really hard time bringing myself to push "Publish Post" because I know that someone is going to feel sorry for me and/or take pity on me.  And then I will really feel sad and lonely and lame...  Here goes nothing.

10 comments:

Angie said...

I hear you! I think we all need a cruise somewhere sunny, and warm and where someone else cooks the meals and cleans the toilets. Maybe you, Angie and I should go a girl only cruise and let the guys tend the kids? (This is Marilyn, by the way)

Deb said...

Right there with you. No pity, etc, etc, etc...because I love my life and I'm sure you do, too. But sometimes it's a challenge to keep it all together. Still love to read my favorite blogs -- like your Word series : ) -- but writing is a different matter. For now.

Heather said...

No pitty party from me either... just know i am in the same kind.of funk. Washington Weather, feeling FAT, 4 kids, husband working ALOT.
blah,blah,blah. No serious i get it. We truly need to meet up & go somewhere really warm!!!! :)
love you. xo.

Kathi said...

There's not much I can say to help that mood pass, but I am glad to realize that you have a really fun spring break coming up and I hope that shakes your world up and you really enjoy it.
Just don't get depressed thinking about getting ready for it. :) :)

Abi said...

One . . . I love that you swore on my blog because I love swearing.
Two . . . I don't feel sorry or have pity . . . I feel like you are honest and real and I relate.
Three . . . I am coming to see you. And I will make it happen this year. FOR REALS. Be ready to open your house to me . . . because I only will come if I can stay in your house.
The End.

[BrookeO] said...

I luff you.
And ditto your post to the umph-teen degree.

Phone call?????? Please!

Anna said...

I always want to post when I feel like that but I rarely do. I understand. I miss you. I miss your fantastic sense of humor and your beautiful laugh and if I owned a van I'd drive to PA and stay with you for a few days. I'd even bring Dr. Mario.

Elise said...

Michel McLean totally ruined that phrase for me...

We've all been there (whether we post about it or not)! Hang in there...

Natalie said...

Jo, I just want to say 2 things.

I can SO totally, completely stinking relate.

And

I love your guts. You are amazing.

Haley said...

hang in there! put on some good music and sing at the top of your lungs or play some john schmidt!!!!