Thursday, July 14, 2011

Monsters

I used to think that monsters weren't real.

...Now I know I was wrong...

There is one eating away the bones in my dad's body.  A hungry, greedy, vicious monster.

He started chemotherapy two days ago and we hope this stops the ruthless monster in it's tracks.

Unfortunately, significant destruction has already been done.  Let's just say his femur is connected to his hip by a thin thread of bone.  Dad, please be careful.

"It is necessary men should be tried and purged and purified 
and made perfect through suffering."
~President John Taylor

6 comments:

Heather said...

just know i love you & my thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family at this hard time.
xoxo.

Haley said...

i'm so so so sorry!!! we are thinking about you. (i've been trying not to get on facebook too much anymore so I just now Sunday night at almost 9:00 saw your post about fasting, wish I had seen it before). Hang in there!! If you ever need to talk i'm just a phone call away!! sending love and prayers to you and your family!

Anna said...

Sigh.

Not sure what else to say except that we are all praying for Tom!

Sara K. said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family will be in our prayers!

Sara said...

I'm thinking about you a lot these days. a lot, a lot.
I love you!

Abi said...

I don't get all the suffering even if it is for a reason. I am sorry this is going on to you all.
LOVE!